How to access my birth certificate?

Hi, I am an intercountry adoptee. I was adopted from Kolkata to Europe in 1987. I was born in a hospital. How do I start the process of getting access to my birth certificate? The orhanage I was placed in won't give me any information.

If you were adopted then you must be having the adoption certificate further they must be having some information where they got you from. We suggest that you should contact the adoption center and request them to furnish details of the hospital or where they got you from. 

If birth is not registered within 21 days of it's occurrence, birth certificate is issued after police verification.Once the verification of the birth records (date, time, place of birth, parent's ID proof, nursing home, orphange details etc.) is done by the registrar, birth certificate is issued to the applicant.7 days after applying for birth certificate, follow up with municipal authority to obtain the birth certificate.