How can i change my mother's name in my father's PF account?

My father works in Defence services. In my father's PF account and other documents my mother's name is "Banarsi Devi" but we want to change the name to "Guddi Devi". What is the procedure for doing that?

Answers (1)

481 votes

Unless your mothers name is changed officially your father cannot change the name in the PF account. 

Your father has to duly change the name by publishing new name in newspaper and then publishing the same in official gazatee.

Thereafter he can submit the official gazette in the PF department.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
14 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles