hindu-muslim marriage- special marriage act

I am a muslim boy who intend to marry a hindu girl, kindly guide me a procedure to get married to her legally but the problem is our families should not be informed about this as they will object,we want to get married and tell them to avoid any legal issue or cases they would put forward to seperate us.

Answers (1)

499 votes
Hello, You may get married under the provisions of Special Marriage Act. In order to do so you have to approach the Marriage Officer of the area where either of the party has resided for more then a month and Give a notice of marriage to the Marriage Officer in the prescribed format
Then the notice will be kept in the register and will be published in the office of the Marriage Officer. After a prescribed period, the parties will have to appear in the marriage officers office along with three witnesses to complete rest of the remaining formalities.

You may look up the special marriage act on google and will easily find all the forms necessary to complete the above procedure.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
18 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
15 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles