Hindu boy and muslim girl what would be religion of kids as per SMA

I’m a Hindu Man and I’m in a relationship with with a Muslim lady and we are planned to get marry accordingly to special Marriage act. But our concern is what would be our kids religion, who should choose that, in SMA it’s says they can choose what ever they want to. But as you know that for kindergarten admission it’s self we need to mention the religion. Can you suggest me if you can

Answers (2)

148 votes

In India and many other countries where we follow patriarchal system of society, the kids born to the parents of two separate religions get the religion of their father. Though of course, it is further an independent choice of any man/woman to choose his/her religion on attainment of majority.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

174 votes

In this case,as you said and according to the hindu law girl has to follow the traditions of hindu religion,after legibly marrying to you,she will not be belongs to muslim caste,as you mentioned in your querry,it is a common sense for any professional advocates,if the muslim boy would marry to a hindu girl some of hindus would be called " love jihad " by what name we should be call in your case.?

Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
14 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles