gift deed executed for a minor

i am a woman, where as my mother in law gifted a house property to my daughter who was aged 7 during 2005, now my daughter who is above 20 years wishes to gift me the same property (gift from daughter to mother), does it have any problem in future by my daughter regarding any claims, can i sell the property after due registration of gift deed

Answers (1)

319 votes
The gift should be by making a proper gift deed with relevant details and it should be registered by paying appropriate charges. After a registered gift deed you completely become the owner of that property and free to do whatever you want to.

Therefore, your daughter can gift the property to you and you can sell the same to any one. So there is no legal bar for your daughter to gift this property.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
15 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
13 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles