Getting remarried, how can i get name of father changed in records?

In Documentation Law
I am a divorcee for 1 and half year. I have 2 kids. My boy is studying in 6th std, my family members are asking me to get married. I want to know if i get married again how can i get the name of the father changed in the documents?

Answers (1)

194 votes

You need file a Mandatory Injunction Suit against the concerned school seeking the court to direct the school authorities to change the name as prayed for in the suit. And after the Judgment is passed, you need to give representation to the school authorities intimating about the same.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.


Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience
Advocate Atulay Nehra
Sector 137, Noida
10 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
14 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles