Fiancee US citizen. Want to get married to her India.

My fiancee is a US citizen and presently she is in India. Now i want to get married to her in India itself. Are there any specific documentation that i need to keep in mind to get married?

Answers (1)

460 votes

Your marriage will be governed by Special Marriage Act. You would require her all id proof documents of USA and her passport size photograph.

Further she will require to sign an application form and a affidavit which will have to be notarized from USA

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
18 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
15 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles