×

quesEffective date of agreement.

Please advice if case of any agreement with company & service provider, Which date will be considered as effective date of agreement either on the date it got made, signed & stamp paper issued or the effective date mentioned on agreement. Its matter of non compete. I have dealt with their customer before the agreement got signed but the effective date they mentioned in agreement is in past. Also I was out of India when this agreement got signed. Will it be treated a valid agreement or not since I have not signed as a director of company.

• ansIt would be the date mentioned in the agreement as effective date, the issue as to whether agreement is valid or not can only be advised after going through the contents of agreement.