Dissolution of huf

My father created HUF some 25 years back. He was paying income tax on my minor HUF account. He passed away in 2009. We brothers have partitioned. I retired from service in 2009. I have been filing returns on both individual and HUF status. My son does not want to continue under the HUF and wants the status to be dissolved, and have only one individual account. Is there provision for such dissolution and what is the procedure?

Answers (1)

177 votes
HUF is dissolved only on the partition of property between the members. Please note partly partition of HUF is not approved . Partition means full partition. Draw up a deed of family partition and register the document in sub-registrar office. After the execution of registered PD ur son can have only one individual account and HUF status will not be there.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
18 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
15 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles