×

quesDesigned Tshirt selling business is manufacturing or service based?

I'm planning to start a T-shirt brand. I will be performing the fashion design and the sales part, while a third party would be doing the manufacturing and printing of the t-shirts. I wanted to register as a sole proprietorship firm. I'm confused if my industry would come under manufacturing industry or a service based industry? Kindly help me out.

If your are performing sale , then you would require to take VAT number and licences. Since you are not manufacturing then you would be categorized as service based industry, however we suggest that you should consult your CA .

Further, you should also get your brand registered under Trademark Act.