quesChanging Mis-stated caste in records. How can we do it?

My caste is Bhavsar Kshatriya. Our mother tongue is Marathi, so people in our village call us Marathese. My father is uneducated so that while joining school he Mis-stated my caste as Marathi. Now that Marathi is considered as Maratha in my caste certificate which belongs to general. But my actual caste Bhavsar Kshatriya belongs to OBC 2A. Now I am studying BE 2nd year, allotted BE govt seat through General Merit(GM) in CET. Now how can I correct my Mis-stated caste Maratha( OBC 3B) as Bhavsar Kshatriya (OBC 2A)?

  • ans

    Does your  father, brother, sister or of his/her blood relative from paternal side, if available have OBC certificate.
    If any one of the relative have the said certificate, then you can apply for OBC certificate in your respective state.

    You would have to file in the requisite form and submit following documents:

    1. The idendtity proof PAN/PASSPORT/Driving Licence/Voters Card. The name of the applicant on the AADHAR card should match with Name of the Applicant.

    2. Affidavit in prescribed Performa(Affidavit from  the major if the children are bolow the 18 years).

    3. The photograph of the applicant will be captured through web camera at the time of submission of application or at the time of verification. the Photograph of the applicant should match with photo of the applicant on the AADHAR.

    Supporting document for the present residential proof like Voter Card, Electricity Bill, Water Bill, Telephone Bill etc.

    4. A copy of OBC certificate of father, brother, sister or of his/her blood relative from paternal side, if available.

    5. Two attestation by MP/MLA/Councillor/Gazetted Officers, declaring the caste of applicant and continuous stay in ___since 1993.

    Supporting document of residential proof in ___ since 1993.

    Family income proof(ITR/Salary Slip/Form-16 etc.)

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Documentation lawyers in India

Similar questions

How to registered a rent agreement of shop which is situated in the New Delhi
i wanna file online public interest litigation in supreme court.i wanna know how to file…
After getting Probate from court, is it compulsory to have the Probated Will and property…
My lorry is held up at MP border because the sales tax person says i…

Documentation Lawyers in India

Advocate Nagesh B L

 Experience: 23 years

Advocate T Kalaiselvan

 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Amit Sharma

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Barkha Bhalla

  Banjara Hills
 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly