×

quesCan i use different name in vakalatnama than my ID name?

My father was an Advocate and I am also an Advocate. My question is can I submit vakalatnama using the middle name as my father's first name wherein the same is not part of my name in any ID / documents?

You can submit your vakalatnama in the name which you had mentioned while enrolling yourself with the state bar council which would be the name in your College degree.

However, you can change your name by following the procedure for changing your name officially - the process for the same has been described below:

For change of name one has to get an affidavit prepared stating reasons for change of name and also the new name. Then the same needs to be published in two newspapers having wide circulation in your area, preferably one in English and other is the local language.

After due publication the same has to be published in gazette for notification with appropriate forms, fees and documents for publication.

After publication in gazette the new name comes into force and request for change of name can be made in all appropriate offices.

However, till the time you do not change your name officially, it's advisable to use your name which you possess on your papers as otherwise your client can create an issue of duping him.

Kindly contact us for any further details and action, if needed.

• Apply For Name Change In CBSE Marksheet/Birth Certificate

Click here to see all Documentation Legal Services