can i pay for the property which is to be named after my friend?

i m living in bangalore and have sold my house due to old age. want to buy a new house for a relative from that money in Chennai. Is there any complecations?

Answers (1)

94 votes

Absolutely there is no complications but if you obtained an amount exceeding 50 lakhs out of the sale proceeds in your name then you have certainly paid up the tax so better to avoid sale profit tax you need to invest the same in your name. This is only with respect to tax issue. Otherwise it is fine if you lend your money to your relative.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
13 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
15 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles