×

quesCan husband sell property which in the name of deceased wife?

Can a husband sell property which in the name of dead wife? I am buying the property from such person. He has 2 children as well.

Is it safe to buy such property?

What all documents should I look for?

You can purchase the property from husband. In the sale deed you can also mention that minor children represented by father and natural guardian and for the legal and family necessity and also in the interest of the minor children.

Has husband obtained succession certificate from court? Has mutation of property been done in name of legal heirs? Please also verify whether all original documents are in possession of the husband. Whether all society, property tax dues have been cleared?

• Apply For Name Change In CBSE Marksheet/Birth Certificate

Click here to see all Documentation Legal Services