Can 2 FIRs be filed in different jurisdictions.

Can any body let me know is it possible to file FIR in two different jurisdiction on the similar kind of offense. In brief, Case is filed under 498A , 304B , 3 & 4 of DP act in one state , after 1 year of time on Section 6 of DP act is filed in another another state . In the first incident the trails is going , where as Second one is a private complaint . First thing has happened in Karnataka where as Section 6 is filed as private complaint in Andhra pradesh. Without proper intimation to the judge of Andhra pradesh local judge has given the number and asking to attend the court . For quashing the same is filed in High court of andhra pradesh for quashing or else stay all the proceedings untill the case at Karnataka closes as both are interlinked.

Answers (1)

374 votes
The facts furnished by you run contrary to the heading of your query. In the head of your query you have asked whether two FIRs can be filed for same incident, whereas in the body of your query you have mentioned that subsequently launched proceeding is a complaint. If that be so, there are no two FIRS. Andhra Pradesh High Court will now decide whether to quash or stay the proceedings.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
15 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
13 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles