Buyer of 2 wheeler not transferring ownership to his name

I exchanged a 100 cc scooter (TVS 1999 model) in 2009 at a bike dealer. The new vehicle was registered in my Nephews name. The invoice shows the exchange amount as amount due from me. I was given a delivery note signed by a person along with a copy of his driving license. I thought every thing is fine but in 2012 I received a notice by post from the transport department for traffic violation. I checked from the website of the transport department and the ownership is still in my name and the person is not doing any thing. What can I do now?

You might of signed Form29 while transferring your vehicle but you should also ensure that all the documents pertaining to your vehicle at the RTO office should be changed by replacing the name of new owner. As a first step you need to give a written representation to the concerned RTO Office about the change of Ownership.