Acceptance to terms of agreement over email.

MD of Pvt Ltd Co sent email to an Individual Consultant containing terms of engagement for consulting services. Consultant gave acceptance to this email and started working on company assignment. Consultant insisted MD to provide signed copy of contract. MD replied saying no need for hard copy as digital mail is sufficient.

After offering services for one month co is not making payment to consultant and denying to adhere terms of engagement. As per terms of engagement on termination consultant is entitled to one time payment against contract. Is this valid contract that can be challenged in court of law. Under what law can this be challenged and is this part of cyber-law? What action can consultant take against company and under what section to recover payment as mentioned in terms of engagement letter?

Answers (1)

324 votes
Email exchanged between parties is admissible in evidence. Once terms of engagement was sent by MD and accepted by consultant it amounts to a valid contract. If company has failed to honour its obligations under contract and refused to make payment consultant should contact a local lawyer. Issue legal notice to employer for breach of contract and claim the outstanding dues.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
15 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
13 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles