wife wants a maintenance but I'm jobless.

I did love marriage in Dec 2009. My family was not aware about my marriage, only her family was there.....we are living together since from 4 years. We have one baby girl also. After 4 years she filed case against me for maintenance. I stopped going court, after few month I got notice that has granted permission for maintenance. I'm jobless now I can't give maintenance to her. She works and she earns good salary. Sir is there any possibility to stop this maintenance?

Answers (3)

70 votes

Take an appointment and meet me with all the papers. Maintenance can be stopped or reduced depending upon the facts and circumstances of the case . In any event it can be discussed when I see the case papers.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

293 votes

This is with regards your query, you need to approach an expert divorce /. Matrimonial lawyer near your place. Kindly note that you can seek courts interventions and put up your stand before the court. Yours court orders needs to be checked and preferably you can appeal against the said maintenance orders.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Pradeep Kumar
Rohini Court, Delhi
14 years Experience
Advocate Pradeep Kumar
Rohini Court, Delhi
14 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
211 votes


you can defend yourself as well as you can deny paying maintenance but all this will require you to appear before the Court and only after appointing an Advocate who will be guiding and advising you how to defend yoursrlf and how to deny paying the maintenance order.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles