Wife left me and has been mentally harassing what can be done

Im a Hindu and married for 6 months.My wife is very rude and her maama and maami are poking there nose in every thing.before marriage my wife maama had humiliated us a lot.they have hidden many facts from us before marriage.my wife had just told me that she had met with an accident long back and everything is fine now.but I saw what had happened to her only after marriage.her left leg is completely damaged n she was operated 4 -5 times it seems. I was Cheated.in spite of that I let it off and started to lead life.But after few months she and her relatives humiliated our family members n me .we only went yo there house and got compromised.now again my wife her maama n maami have created a big mess in our family and have taken her without anyones consent from our family.i have been mentally harassed. They havent come back yet. I feel that this relationship is not working since my wife n her relatives are creating mess evry niw n then.pls let me know wt should be done now.

Answers (3)

276 votes

I understand your concern, we have two fold issues to deal with here. 1. Your Wife and 2. Her relatives, the past circumstances make you feel you are been cheated and the expectations of marital life are not met. We have a few ways to deal with this issue, to begin with if you wish to put efforts in resolving the issue then seek counselling, this is long process but results will be favorable. You may wish to read my blog to understand the process of counselling : http://lawyersonia.blogspot.in/2016/06/marital-and-pre-marital-counselling-in.html

Secondly, if you have been harassed to a point of no return and already have put in all the efforts and there is no point of return then you can opt either Judicial separation (This is not divorce, its time for you and her to be separate for a period of time and then once issues are resolved you can come together), else opt for Divorce either Mutual concent or you can contest for the same.

Sonia Rajesh

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

179 votes

Dear friend,
You have been duped into a mess and that many more are being cheated and frauded , hence all blame will come to you and your family , better take up a good effort and if you feel that such marriage cannot work, you can approach us , will help you in solving legally .OFC : Adv Pankaj Kumar & associate..

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
73 votes

there are two options one is file a case to declare the marriage null and void on ground of fraud played on you, the other one is if you want that your wife should come and lead married life you can file a suit for restitution of conjugal rights, or you have to wait for another 6 months and file divorce Petition on ground of cruelty as divorce Petition cannot be filed within one year of marriage.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles