Wife left home 2 years back now filed case for violence is it valid

My wife willingly walked off from my house 2 yrs ago and now she has filed a case of domestic violence against me and my family, she is not with me for the past 2 yrs and 1 month, can this be taken against her, she also took my daughter with her. Pls help

Answers (3)

119 votes

The DV that she has filed can be considered in the court. Further we can fight saying that you and her are not staying together for a period of 2years. The court will surely consider that fact.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

106 votes

I don't know the fact or content of complaint which your wife so i cannt help or sagest you at this moment ...
But don't loss your patient as complainant wife herself deserted u it show her conducts.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
94 votes

You have to file your reply to her application wherein you can state that she willingly walked out with daughter with details leading to the event .Gather facts and evidence to support your defence .

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles