Wife is having extra marital affair how to file for divorce

On what grounds I can get divorce,I want to get divorce from my wife bcoz she is havn extra marital affair

Answers (5)

238 votes

Marriage is the secrete institution, the strip of law now allow any party to betray the other.
adultery would be a suitable ground for you, to take the decree of divorce against your wife.
However, you can also take other reason / grounds for getting divorce.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

192 votes

The fact disclosed in the question itself is covered by one of the ground for divorce under section 13 of Hindu Marriage Act. You can visite my office for filing divorce agaist your wife, with detailed story (list of events & dates) and evidence of factum of extra marrital affair.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
259 votes

Firstly you have to be sure that the allegations you are putting are true. Collect the evidence engage a layer who will draft a divorce sour and file it before the court which has the territorial jurisdiction.

87 votes

I think this is a good enough ground for you to file for divorce. However you shall have to furnish proof of the fact that your wife is indeed having an affair. You need to support the claim with documents and pictures.

239 votes

You have a valid ground to dissolve the marriage. File a divorce petition before the court and after satisfying the court , you can get the divorce with your wife. But before that collect some evidence against her, court can't grant divorce until and unless you have the evidence against the other party. Collect all her details and documents if she is working. It will help you to put forward your arguments through your counsel. Revert me.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles