Wife is fully influenced by her sister and left the house. What to do?

My wife left my house with my son and i have met my son for 20 days. She is very much influenced by her elder sister and her husband. She also doesn't treat me with respect. I love my son very much what can i do? I am afraid if go to meet my son she and her elder sister might file false cases against me. I am feeling very helpless. What can i do legally. I do not wish to divorce her.

Answers (3)

90 votes

File a Petition for restitution of Conjugal Rights under Section 9 of the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955.

Section 9 of the Hindu Marriage Act 1955 has been explained below for your understanding:

Section 9. 

Restitution of conjugal rights - When either the husband or the wife has, without reasonable excuse, withdrawn from the society of the other, the aggrieved party may apply, by petition to the district court, for restitution of conjugal rights and the court, on being satisfied of the truth of the statements made in such petition and that there is no legal ground why the application should not be granted, may decree restitution of conjugal rights accordingly.

But first try and send some emails to her requesting her to return with your son. 

130 votes

Ur query is too elaborate to answer ,we need to know when is the marriage taken place how old is ur son,so kindly take an. Appointment for personal consultation with our team .

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

312 votes

You need to file a petition under Section 9 of HMA. This would clear all doubts and your actions would depend on the response you receive in that petition

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles