Wife having no physical relation. Can i file for divorce?

I have been married for 17 years. No physical relation with my wife is my main reason for frustration. Due to that, i hit her twice. I want to file divorce case against her. What will she do if i file divorce? Can i file for divorce on this ground?

Answers (3)

227 votes

Yes you can file divorce on this ground. She will contest the divorce and may seek maintenance also. However it's a good ground for divorce. Get in touch for details.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

66 votes

Yes, you can file divorce in this ground. She may file domestic violence case or complaint u/s 498-A. She can also file application for maintenance. In these circumstances you have to focus on divorce case so that other cases will become ineffective.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
331 votes

This is with regards your query, you can definitely take necessary steps for dissolving your marriage as per law. You need to consult with an expert divorce lawyer for further needed compliances as per law.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles