Wife filed maintenance case. Mother father dependent on me. What to do

My wife has filed Domestic violence, child custody and maintenance case against me. As i am the sole earning member of the family, can i use that to lower down the maintenance. I have my mother, father and 2 unmarried sisters to take care. Can i take this route?

Answers (4)

75 votes

Ofcourse you can show that you are the sole earning member of your family. You have to show your expenses towards your mother, father and sisters in the affidavit that you have to file in the court. However it is the discretion of the Court to accept the authenticity of such expenditure.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

67 votes

You have to just show your bank statement that after all the expenses to my father and mother this amount is to be balance and this will depend to the judge that what amount to be paid according to their maintenance.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
277 votes

Of course you can take the benifit of your each and every dependancy but in case your father nd mother having sourses that factum has to be considered and the manner of dependancy of your sisters have to be evaluated by the court

118 votes

Yes you can do that. The court will consider the number of dependants while granting maintenance. The maintenance all also depends upon the qualifications of your wife.

Pleadr feel free to revert in case of further clarifications

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles