Wife filed for divorce & claiming huge amount as maintenance

Respected sir mam i am from sikh family i got married in 2005 in amritsar i had a son he is 12 my wife applied for divorce case in july 2017 and in December 2017 and January 2018 she filled dv and section 125 case on me from Chandigarh and now she is asking for heavy maintenance from me she is having wheat allergy and attached slips of pgi hospital and branded food products as her product r costly i am too a depression patient just after 3 years of my marriage i am going through physcatric treatment but my wife blamed me as drugist in court as he is addicted the main thing is that i am working with my father in shop my father is propritor in firm not me nor i pay income tax i want to ask how maintenance will be setteled as i live in a big house that is in name of my father and my father has disown me but still i am living with my father what to do pls help me

Answers (2)

121 votes

Dear in your case your position is quite well, so don't worry engage a very good lawyer who is an expert in matrimonial case, and contest your case without any tension, how much maintenance you have to pay depends on your lawyer's capability..

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

73 votes

Dear the process in the couts is very tedious. The court don't believe what a women says in her petition. Her demand for heavy maintenance is of no significance. All the circumstances i.e. your income your problems and similarly her problems. The court seeks evidence of your income. Then the maintenance is fixed.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles