Wife claiming huge amount of alimony and maintenance

Hello sir, im dr but now not in service.my wife filed 498A. DVact i given 18000pm maintenance to my doctor wife.Now she file divorce case HMP under cruality and desertion.in this case she also demand 50 lack as a one time permanent alimony. My question is1)I also want divorce but not had 50 lack rs.wat I do now?2)in this hmp ,My wife able to demand again maintenance under SEC.24.?3)she r able to demand one time permanent alimony to court???

woman have better right inspite of man. did you files restitution of conjugal right case? you can take defense and tell to court that your wife also a doctor and earning well money. if you have strong proof of her income then submit into court. there are lot of supreme court citation says that if wife earn well money then she doesn't have right to ask for alimony. moreover sec 498A case is tottaly depends on proof and proofs..defend yourself with all strong proofs .

Educated wife cannot claim maintenace till has liability on her more over, once if u have payed maintenace you can showcase before the court that she is purposefully not working so that she can claim maintennace from u