Wife claiming huge amount of alimony and maintenance

Hello sir, im dr but now not in service.my wife filed 498A. DVact i given 18000pm maintenance to my doctor wife.Now she file divorce case HMP under cruality and desertion.in this case she also demand 50 lack as a one time permanent alimony. My question is1)I also want divorce but not had 50 lack rs.wat I do now?2)in this hmp ,My wife able to demand again maintenance under SEC.24.?3)she r able to demand one time permanent alimony to court???

Answers (2)

woman have better right inspite of man. did you files restitution of conjugal right case? you can take defense and tell to court that your wife also a doctor and earning well money. if you have strong proof of her income then submit into court. there are lot of supreme court citation says that if wife earn well money then she doesn't have right to ask for alimony. moreover sec 498A case is tottaly depends on proof and proofs..defend yourself with all strong proofs .

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Educated wife cannot claim maintenace till has liability on her more over, once if u have payed maintenace you can showcase before the court that she is purposefully not working so that she can claim maintennace from u

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

How can I claim maintenance from my husband ? he is into family business does not earn well & I m housewife but much qualified than him. He has filed …

Read More

My husband filed a divorce case on the grounds of cruelty and court granted divorce m nt willing to give divorce to him he wants to marry other woman …

Read More

The girl was taken back by her parents within 21 days from our home. Th case is going on in Karkardooma Court and we are paying monthly maintenance of…

Read More

I am an MCA pass out married to a man who is working in an MNC earning handsome salary. I was married 12 years back and now have two sons 7 yrs and 3 …

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue