Where to report if husband tries to escape from a criminal case

My husband deserted me 3 months back. I have filed DV n 498a FIR done. My husband wants to move to USA now to escape. His original passport is with me. My advocate is supporting him at the back. I want him to stop moving. Next DV hearing on 12.10.17. I.A. for passport seizure can be filed only next month bcoz still in summons stage. He stays in bidadi now. His passport address bidadi only. Validity 2024. Where shal I contact for passport seizure in passport office/commissioner office/bidadi police station or vijaynagar police station because I'm staying in vijaynagar? What is the procedure? Where will he contact for loss of passport n issue of duplicate passport? I'll go n contact them. My advocate is telling my husband can go abroad by changing his name immidiately. So, my advocate forcing me to go for settlement imidiately. Is it possible? Whether my advocate telling true or lie?

Answers (3)

228 votes

your advocate telling lie and you are in the situation of hurry to settle the matter, and you only had his passport with you and he cant go anywhere abroad without passport, he may attend the court after the service of summons from the court and you may proceed.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

72 votes

you can contact your advocate and request him to advance the matter and file an application. but in this case since the passport is already in your custody, the question of passport seizure may not arise. you can inform at the nearest police station/bidadi police station. you can also inform the passport authority that there is a criminal case and a case under DV act pending and also write a letter to the airport authority attaching the copy of the passport and mention the case numbers and inform them not to allow this person to fly untill the disposal of the above mentioned case.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
89 votes

If you have lost faith in your advocate change him. Contact the passport office and find out the information and they will help you out. Lodge one police complaint at your jurisdictional police station . Meanwhile contact the the higher authorities of your husband's work place and explain about the trauma which you are going through and request them to not send him abroad until the closure of case. Otherwise you can file one I.A before case pending court through your advocate and seek for direction by stating that let your husband to not to leave the country until the closure of case. As criminal case is filed take the case number and order copy if any in 498 case and show to the concerned pass port office in this scenario also he can't leave the country.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles