×

What to do if wife has left after 1 month of marriage

After marriage my wife use to give importance to her family and told that wo mazboori mein mere saath reh rhi h and I should choose between her and my parents. I am the only son of my parents I packed her bag and she had gone to her parents home now I have tried to call her but she is not answering neither wants to talk with and her family is also not responding to my parents. This all have happen after 1 month of marriage

Dear client,
i suggest you take the help of a family counselling center for amicable settlement of your problem and try your best to know the reason, if you failed in such process then file a case before family court in your jurisdiction for restitution of your conjugal life. For filing the case before the court its better to take the help of a lawyer,

Except mutual understanding and counseling there is no other option. Law says a divorce petition can only be filed after one year of the marriage. And in case of mutual divorce , in exceptional circumstances, after six months of marriage you both can mutually seek for divorce.

Advocate Preeti Joshi

What is the date of your marriage . Since on which date she left your house . Now you are advice to file case for restitution of conjugal life . Or try to know the intention of your wife if she doesn't want to stay with you then ask her for mutual divorce

U can file petition u/s 9 of hindu marriage act in family court with prayer to direct the wife to come to husband to reside with you.If still not obeying the direction,u can take other steps.For further advise you contact me