Continue to LawRato.com with Google


What to do if wife has left after 1 month of marriage

After marriage my wife use to give importance to her family and told that wo mazboori mein mere saath reh rhi h and I should choose between her and my parents. I am the only son of my parents I packed her bag and she had gone to her parents home now I have tried to call her but she is not answering neither wants to talk with and her family is also not responding to my parents. This all have happen after 1 month of marriage

Answers (4)

Dear client,
i suggest you take the help of a family counselling center for amicable settlement of your problem and try your best to know the reason, if you failed in such process then file a case before family court in your jurisdiction for restitution of your conjugal life. For filing the case before the court its better to take the help of a lawyer,

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Except mutual understanding and counseling there is no other option. Law says a divorce petition can only be filed after one year of the marriage. And in case of mutual divorce , in exceptional circumstances, after six months of marriage you both can mutually seek for divorce.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Preeti Joshi
District Court, Gurgaon
10 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
21 years Experience

What is the date of your marriage . Since on which date she left your house . Now you are advice to file case for restitution of conjugal life . Or try to know the intention of your wife if she doesn't want to stay with you then ask her for mutual divorce

U can file petition u/s 9 of hindu marriage act in family court with prayer to direct the wife to come to husband to reside with you.If still not obeying the direction,u can take other steps.For further advise you contact me

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Fixed Cost Legal Services

Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 19999
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 2499
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 999
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 499
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 25000
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 9999
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

Mine was an intercaste marriage me being lingayath and he SC . He has been torching me and threatening me when I was with him.so I left him and now st…

Read More

My wife left my home 4 days after our marriage complaining I am unable to satisfy her physically and saying that my family is very complex and complic…

Read More

 friend ki two sisters na valla fst chelleki marriage aindhi oka babu unnadu vadu chinna ammaini kuda trap chesi ame marriage fix ayyaka thiskell…

Read More

I am a dentist by profession.my wife is also dentist. She left my house (matrimonial) few days back along with my son to her parents house & few d…

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue