What to do if spouse remarries without taking a divorce?

hi. i am a resident of mumbai and a roman catholic.i married a hindu nepali girl from kalimpong years back. we have a 6 year old daughter who stays with my wife. wife has gone to work in dubai without my information and got married to another guy. they have their own kid of 2 months. now my wife wants divorce and every month 20000/- for kid maintainence. we are not staying together since more than 3 years. and i left mumbai and work in hyderabad since 1.5years. please help. she is blackmailing

Answers (1)

218 votes

As per your query

If your wife has remarried and having a kid out of the said wed-lock you need to collect evidence of the same and put the same before the court. If she has remarried she is not entitled for maintenance, on the contrary you can file petition for Restitution and ask her to come and reside with you. You can file the Petitioner where you both last resided together or the place where you both got married.


Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles