What legal action to take against in-laws threatening of false dowry ?

In Divorce Law
My in laws threaten me on call put me in false dowry case and threaten me on call what should i do please help me.

Answers (3)

282 votes

Just file a domestic violation case against her and in law's for you protection as well as police complaint for immediate assistance otherwise once booked it will take time to get the remedy. Pls take

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

297 votes

You can file a complaint regarding the threat they are giving you. Apart from that have you filed a divorce petition yet. If your wife has been harassing you mother or sister they can file a domestic violence petition against your wife.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience
139 votes

You may file a police complaint against your in laws mentioning all the facts therein so that if thay file any case you would be able to show to the police or court that you had filed the case and thereafter your in laws filed their case.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles