What are the rights of man whose wife is threatening of 498 case

Wife blackmailing and threatening to file 498a case against me and my family. What action can i take against her and what are my rights?

Answers (4)

320 votes

You have to file divorce case before family court

You can proceed to court for interim bail.

You can also avail various reliefs from family court according to facts of your case

Kindly contact me for further advice with proper facts

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

149 votes

You can file a NC at the nearest police station of these constant threats to put on record beforehand these threats , secondly you can initiate Divorce proceedings if you are looking to end this marriage.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
84 votes

Hi you details are very brief it depends on the how long your marriage is going on where are you both living your family background. Right now you can file anticipatory bail for you and your family whom you accept that she can file 498a case.

350 votes

Dear client if wife is giving threats to file 498 a then u can file complaint against her with women cell of police. U can also file divorce on the ground of cruelty against her . For any legal help call me

Adv Prasad Patil


Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles