What are the consequences of mutual divorce on the ongoing cases?

My son was married in Nov'15. Marries did consumate. she left for her paternal home within a week & did not come My son filed judicial separation U/s 10 HM act. After that she filed case U/s 498a & DV against 4 members of our family. we obtained stay from Hon. High court. Stay was granted as the JS case was pending in family court. Recently on the initiative of family court conselling was done and and we agreed for mutual divorce on some fixed alimony payable in 4 installments.Both of us agreed to withdraw all cases. Based on mediation agreement we paid first installment of alimony and joint mutual divorce petition was submitted in court. Now my query is -- 1) Since the stay on 498a and DV was granted on the basis of pending case of judicial separation in lower court, is it so that it will be deemed to be vacated automatically once the pending judicial separation case U/s 10 of HM act is converted into divorce case.

Answers (1)

193 votes

Venerated Sir,
I would like to inform you that as per mediation order all cases would be withdrawn and only mutual divorce will run. If the case will withdrawn then automatically stay will vacate. You need to stick with mediation order .. Feel free to call me.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles