Want to file for divorce case in India after getting US citizenship

I was an Indian citizen when I got married in Kerala under the Hindu Marriage Act. Now I am a US citizen and have been residing in Mumbai for the last 6 months. I want to file a divorce from Mumbai, is that possible?

Certainly you can file for divorce from Mumbai as well along with your domicile certificate of the relevant state and could mention that you are residing at Mumbai due to your job or anything genuine reason or your parents responsibilities upon you.

If you were married in India (in your case Kerela) then you can file for divorce in India. Also is your spouse living in India?

You should approach a local lawyer and file for a divorce petition.

Plus you will need to show all your details relating to the day you accepted US citizenship, the day you got married, your permanent residence etc.