Want to divorce my wife & most important is to get my son custody

I'm well settled in dubai & my just got a job in usa, we have been married from last 4 year, now a without my permission she left my son to her parents home which is located in most backward area in Bihar. For me the most important is to take custody of my son, he is only 2 year & 2 month old. I'm well settled in dubai & my doing research job in usa which without the proper permanence, mean her job is on temporary period.

Answers (3)

149 votes

You can file case for custody of your son on the grounds amongst other that she has no capability including financial to bring up and provide good education as her job is not permanant. As the age of your son is 2 years generally child upto 5 years are given to mother provided she is capable to bring him up.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

272 votes

Not taking care and leaving the son for the sake of own career amounts to cruelty. You may move accordingly and ask for the relief of divorce and child custody through separate petitions. You need to show welfare of child as main concern for the case of child custody

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
213 votes

You should approach Court for desired reliefs with relevant documents and facts. It is quite hard to get custody of child upto 5 years, but you can put your effort to get it and you may get custody of your son.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles