queswant divorce from husband. How to go about it?

Gone to domestic violence and dowry demand from husband and in-laws from last 4 years. I have 20 months old baby boy. I want justice from my in-laws and want divorce from my husband. I am living at my dad' s place from last 2 months and try to solve the problems but it was not worth it. So, finally now i decided to get divorce. Plz help me out from this situation. My in-laws were having high contacts if i done police complaint than they use their high contacts and money power. I am well educated women & having work experience. but right now i am not so much strong in way of money power.

  • Planning to Divorce? Marriage Counselling can help

    Consult Now
    • ansYou may approach the magistrate court by filing complaint under section 498(A) and other sections of IPC and section 3&7 of dowry prohibition act, if you feel that police is not going to help you. You can also file complaint under domestic violence act seeking various reliefs like protection, shelter, protection of custody of child, maintaince for you and child. As far as divorce is concerned you shall approach the concerned family court seeking decree of divorce on the ground of cruelty

      Advocate Narendra Ramnani

        Thaltej, Ahmedabad

    • ansFor divorce one need to have a valid reason. If one doesn't wants to live with his or her spouse than one should have a sound reason. Still there are ways and ways to get divorce. Feel free to contact me on my mobile no. Pl take prior appointment to avoid any inconvenience.

      Advocate Viral Mehta

        Nanpura, Surat

    • ansDear Madam,
      The remedy available in your situation are manifold. You can file a case for divorce under the hindu marriage act (if you and your husband are hindus). You can at the same time initiate criminal proceedings under the Indian Penal Code and you can also avail remedy under the domestic violence act. Further you can also claim maintenance from your husband and child support from your husband.

      Therefore the remedies available to you are many and the best part is that you can avail the said remedies simultaneously, i.e. at the same time.

      Advocate Mauleen Marfatia

        Thaltej, Ahmedabad

    • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

      Know More
    • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
    • Related Articles

    Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

    Similar questions

    Sir/mam... my marriage held in 2009, since 2013 i have broken up my relation with…

    Sir/ Madam, i want to know that what is the procedure of divorce in case…

    I got married .right after my marriage my husband started complaining that my father did…
    My wife is refusing to fulfill her pre marriage promise to deliver a baby with…

    Divorce Lawyers in India

    Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

      Supreme Court of India
     Experience: 16 years

    Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

      Lajpat Nagar 4
     Experience: 24 years

    Advocate Nagesh B L

     Experience: 23 years

    Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

      Connaught Place
     Experience: 20 years

    View all >>

    Quick Consult

    Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

    Ask a Free Question

    Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

    Find a Lawyer

    Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

    Get Fee Estimate

    Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly