Sister marriage not registered. Now her husband does second marriage.

My sister's marriage is not registered. But she has shows her marriage in Australia document. The person who married my sister is totally fraud & he is now also married in india then my sister how she can get divorce or show unmarried presently my sister in Australia?

Answers (3)

114 votes

You should collect each and every documents like snaps,marriage registration copy,passport etc of him and file a case of divorce on the ground of pologamy. Court will definitely pass a decree of divorce in your favour.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

308 votes

My answer will be on the presumption that your sister's marriage was performed as per Hindu Marriage Act, and i dont know the mental state of you and your sister that instead of filing complaint against him your sister seeks easy divorce from him which he might be ready to give at first instance through mutual consent, for any action marriage registration u/s 8 of HMA is not necessary , it must be valid u/s5 of HMA with conditions mentioned in it.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
123 votes

She can file case of divorce in India through attorney. Personal presence is not required. In addition to this case she can also file case of fraud against her husband if she wants. Proving marriage in court is not a big issue.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles