Settlement Broken - Lawyer not available

10-Jul-2024 (In Divorce Law)
Our (complainant) settlement which was agreed upon in February has broken / denied by the respondents. Now around 3.5 lacs is pending as maintenance arrears (3 Executions already filed ). The Judge has asked them to pay 30,000 in next 7 days & 50,000 on NDOH. If they don't pay 30 K then warrant will be issued, what does that mean and what can we do to expedite it for arrears? Can police be bribed for that warrant and not arrest respondents?
Answers (3)

Answer #1
956 votes
Since the orders are initiated by the court then it can't be avoided by the police as well and the police officials will be duty bound to arrest if the party fails to do with the payment. And the party will be arrested in the court in front of the judge also. For more legal assistance I am just a call away.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #2
901 votes
There is a process of law and if someone does not follow it, consequences follow. The other side may or may not pay the maintenance. The police officer may or may not be bribed. In any case, if any wrongdoing takes place, you can initiate or pursue appropriate proceedings. If the warrants are not served on the opposite party, you may bring that to the notice of the court and the court will take proper steps against the erring party.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #3
598 votes
First bailable warrant of arrest will be issued then non bailable ones and if he still fails to pay them he will be arrested and sent behinds bars till he clear the dues . if police don't arrest him then he will be declared a proclaimed offender by the court
Helpful? LawRato LawRato

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."