SC waive off six month period after first motion in mutual divorce

We and my wife have filled mutual divorce. first motion is completed. We just came to know that supreme court has waived off the 6 month period. But some people say it can be only waived off by high court or supreme court and not by any other trial court? Our case is running in tis hazari court. If we submit waiver application...will court accept it or not? Please reply.

Sir, you are misinformed. The Waiting Period can be waived off by the Family Court too. After the 2017 Judgment of the Hon'ble Supreme Court, Family COurts are well within their jurisdiction to waive off the waiting period. Kindly contact for moving such application in Tis Hazari Courts. Regards.

Waiver is subject to discretion of the Hon'ble Court. Even district court can waive off the period but it is not a right it is for the Court to decide..,.................................................

Advocate Preeti Joshi