SC waive off six month period after first motion in mutual divorce

We and my wife have filled mutual divorce. first motion is completed. We just came to know that supreme court has waived off the 6 month period. But some people say it can be only waived off by high court or supreme court and not by any other trial court? Our case is running in tis hazari court. If we submit waiver application...will court accept it or not? Please reply.

Answers (2)

225 votes

Sir, you are misinformed. The Waiting Period can be waived off by the Family Court too. After the 2017 Judgment of the Hon'ble Supreme Court, Family COurts are well within their jurisdiction to waive off the waiting period. Kindly contact for moving such application in Tis Hazari Courts. Regards.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

347 votes

Waiver is subject to discretion of the Hon'ble Court. Even district court can waive off the period but it is not a right it is for the Court to decide..,.................................................

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles