Rights of wife and child over husband's property after divorce

I'm been living a very depressing life since the time I've got married 2yrs back. Now, I'm 5 months pregnant and cannot handle this stressfull life at this stage and wish to move out of my husbands house and live separately. I just want to know what are mine and my future child's rights as far as financial security and monthly expenditure are concerned.

Answers (3)

158 votes

Madam you are not mentioning the reason behind your depression. If you want to live separated from your husband but also think about your pregnancy condition. At this time you need care and attention of your husband and family. But still you take decision to leave separated from matrimonial house then u definately got maintenance and after birth of child also u both laible for maintenance and share in husband property.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

301 votes

You can stay separately and yet maintenance is your right. It is your Husband's legal obligation and duty to maintain you and you future child. The amount of maintenance will be decided by court keeping in mind your Husband's salary and by considering the basic normal needs of you and your future child. You can claim for maintenance by filling a maintenance petition in Family Court. You are entitled to get the maintenance until you do not marry any other person. For any further clarification kindly book a consultancy call.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
139 votes

Respected madam,
May I know where you are self independent and you can claim the right on the property of your husband. And as per the present conditions you will get right in the property. You can secure future of your child also.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles