Requirement of aadhar card to file a petition for divorce

I want to know that mujhe mutual understanding me div. File krna hai but aadhar card ya voter I'd card kuch nhi hai pan card hai jispr mere father ka name hai WO nhi chal jayega kya or waise mere pas shadi ka card b hai or photographs b hai shadi ki to aadhar ki koi jrurt to nhi pdegi

Answers (4)

164 votes

For filling petition for Mutual Divorce, it is required to file your ID proof along with the petition. It can be your Aadhar card or Voter ID Card or Driving License or Ration Card etc. In case you didn’t have any of those, then you can attach your PAN Card and request the judge to accept your petition along with your PAN card only.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

114 votes

Yes it is depending on the district court where you have to file the mutual divorce petition and it is mandatory to file one of your id proof for filing divorce petition. And after new direction aadhar card is mandatory for filing any case.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
313 votes

No need of Aadhaar to file a divorce. You may go ahead without any trouble.
Many people in India still do not have Aadhaar card and that does not mean they don't have any legal rights.

More over for a divorce, a wedding card, A wedding photo, in case of registered marriage a registration certificate and any photo ID will work.

152 votes

Apse kisne kaha ye sab adhar card ka isme koi role nahi hai . Agar apke spouse ready hai hi mutual divorce file hoga . Isme apka wedding card aur certificate lagega . Sabse Zada zaruri hai apke spouse ka ready hone Kya wo ready hai Divorce ke lie to fir ap family court ja ke vakil see mile aur mutual divorce ki petition laga de .

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles