Refusal of the mutual divorce application by wife in second motion

My brother and her wife went through first motion of divorce process with mutual consent . Now six months are over but her lawyer is forcing her to refuse in the second motion. What should I do,?

Answers (2)

68 votes

You should try to explain same thi judge also you have to file a contested divorce later on.


Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

81 votes

If your brother's wife is withdrawing the mutual consent divorce then you have no option but to file a separate contested divorce. Withdrawing from second motion even after the other party has fulfilled all the conditions of divorce amounts to cruelty.
So you can file for a separate divorce against your wife on the grounds of cruelty.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles