query on arrest law - how to get siblings out of false 498a case

in dowry case, is it possible to get some of the accused out of the case? Some lawyers suggested that boy's unmarried siblings will be out of the case and only main accused (boy) and parents would be called up on the dates. Is it correct? And if yes then how the siblings are removed from the case?

Answers (3)

78 votes

Whosoever has given you this kind of irrelevant suggestion is an imbecile..all those people who have been named in the FIR are liable to be arrested ..all you have to do is to go for FIR quashing in high court..rest depends upon the investigating officer while preparing charge sheet..only those names will be removed whose role is not certain that too at the mercy of the IO..so approach the high court first.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

77 votes

Siblings can be removed form the case, but it depends upon the charges levied in complaint or FIR ,
After filing of charge sheet the discharge application can be moved, but first its has to be seen what evidence and material collected or presented by the prosecution. Age of siblings are also a considerable factor whether minor or major. Married and unmarried doesn't make much difference.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
174 votes

Yes, it is possible that the family members of the boy are left out, but this totally depends on the allegations and the facts of the case and also on the wishes of the investigator or the court. The supreme court has held that in matrimonial disputes the roping in of the entire family is not correct and on that basis the entire family gets off, except the boy.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles