Procedure to obtain stay order in divorce case for travelling abroad

My husband has filed divorce in August 2017 and tried to take ex pate. I was not aware and did not get any notice as he has given incomplete address of my mother's house but he was living with me till december 24th 2017 without giving any hint that he has applied for divorce and attending court. Finally on 27th december i got to know about this by some well wisher and i am contesting the divorce. It is in mediation phase. Now i have got a Long term job in abroad and will have to travel next month. Is there any possibility to take stay order on divorce case for 12 months. Kindly help

Answers (3)

51 votes

No, it is not possible to get stay for such a long period.. If you doesn't want to give divorce to your husband, contest the divorce proceedings as fast as possible.... Or you can take divorce by mutual consent..

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

251 votes

You can either execute a power of attorney in favour of your father or brother to look after the case and represent the case and also to lead the evidence . If not you can make make an application for cross examination through video conferencing

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
293 votes

No u cant take stay order for divorce, u can engage advocate for contesting case, divorce case may be prolonged upto 12 months in court. Aftef return to india u can contest your petition on Merits after leading evidence

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles