Procedure to include section 12 of HMA in a divorce case going on

If I have filed for divorce under section 13 in India, can I submit precedent of section 12 if the facts and circumstances are similar? I am a Hindu

Answers (2)

Section 13 and section 12 are totally different. The former deals with divorce on the basis of certain grounds and the latter deals with annulment of voidable marriages on certain grounds. Consult an advocate and it has to be seen what were your prayers in your section 13, and if only they are similar to that of any precedents in section 12, then you may file or submit such precedents.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

You can file a petition before the court under section 13 of the Hindu Marriage act and section 12 states that voidable marriage . In my opinion without detail discussion proper consult is not possible.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Preeti Joshi
District Court, Gurgaon
11 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
22 years Experience

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Legal Services

Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

Is vanita commission helpful to getting our gold & councillung before applying divorce case.shall I get more preference in vanitacommision?…

Read More

my wife registered a false case against me and my parents in the city of ahmedabad where she work ,I am in delhi.She posted 2 summon somewhere and rec…

Read More

i am working abroad. we are separated from last 5 years but not legally divorced. If my husband files a divorce case now , then is my presence mandato…

Read More

my sister got married on july 2017 and my sister is illiterate which we never told to our inlaws later after the marriage they found our that my siste…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue