Procedure to file for divorce due to domestic voilence

Im a christian married to a hindu we got married in church as well as arya samaj. My husband behaves mental at times abuses and misbehaves. He drinks alot does not give house expenses i do a teaching job and manage with it all me and my childs need along with my family support. My husband does not want to legally seperate he says he wants the child and if i take child i will have to stay alone not with my family he keeps on harassing me. He even kept my gold on loan since 2yrs and not paid to get it back. My son is 7yrs old. Please advice how to take divorce as he even theeathens me of committing sucide.

Answers (3)

120 votes

You take a divorce on the ground that your husband drink alot and abusing you and not able to maintain house also take the custody of your son on the base you are earning person of take divorce according to Hindu law.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

140 votes

File a police complaint under s.- 498A IPC in police station and do also file complaint under domestic violence act before the magistrate. In the domestic violence act you may ask for the return of your gold and may also ask for the custody of your son. File an application for maintenance of yourself and your child before magistrate/family court under s.-125 CrPC. Then ask your husband to give you mutual consent divorce under s.-28 of the special marriage act,1954 and to give you permanent alimony and also the custody of your son. If he doesn't agree then you may file a petition of divorce before family court on the ground of cruelty under s.-27 of the special marriage act,1954.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
274 votes

First a fall you registered complaint against your husband nearby your police station for creating nuisance and given threatening for me committing suicide after registration of complaint you register petition of divorce against your husband in the court .You want maintenance also.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles