Procedure to file for divorce as husband a drug addict & harasses wife

Hello sir Actualy i want to know what should i do.actuly 5months ago i got married.After then i come to know that my husband is in extra martial affair and also he s drug i dont want to live with him...there are lots of issues to with him..he harrassed me...i m mentaly disturbed too..bla bla..

Answers (3)

312 votes

Read your query, and my answer to you is, there is a procedure to file for divorce and one of the ground is cruelty, as applicable in your case because your husband is drug addict and also having extramarital affair , the only problem is divorce cannot be filed without completing one year of marriage , but you can file your case as special case with special circumstances

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

234 votes

You have to wait for one year as your marriage was solemnised just five months before.After one year you can file a petition under section 13 of Hindu Marriage Act before concerned court of district judge level on ground of cruelty.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
241 votes

Hello medam, extra marital affair of one spouse is a ground on which other spouse has discretion to file the divorce petition . If you want to initiate some criminal proceedings against your husband then you have the discretion to file complain under domestic voilance act. I Hope you got your answer.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles