Procedure to file for contested divorce in case harassment by in laws.

Sir, I have been married since Feb'2015. I had problems with my husband from the very beginning for the fact that he always used to backbite about me to his mother. He never took any of my responsibility and kept on saying that you have to look after your own expenses. He always lied to me and had the habit of watching pornography by bunking his office too. He has this mindset that he had not married me for fulfilling my needs and will never give me even a single penny. I have been in mental stress all these months. Now he has moved to Malaysia last year, he says you cannot do anything now. He has blocked me from every possible connection, social sites etc. His parents doesn't have to say anything now. I myself don't want to stay with him anymore. I need a divorce. Please advice.

Answers (2)

When your husband is any harassment you ,there are many types of law in favour of wife ,but you want to divorce your husband ,at first thing to divorce no any sexual relationship between 2 years ,when 2 year completed so you mai file now divorce petition.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

first of all you have to take your responsibility by your own .you should not depend on any other person for your own responsibility.But there are many provisions in law which will bind him to pay you pecuniary benefits and maintenance. Even if he left from India then also court can bind him to maintain you. but now you have to be strong while filling case against him.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

My marriage going on 5 year old but after marriage starting i am very upset my husband behaviour he is a drink daily he is not give time for me every …

Read More

I am Hindu .I am contesting divorce case since 2014 filed by husband under HMA 13(a).It is on the stage of arguments in sec24.But now I came to know t…

Read More

When I should file a divorce case if my case is running in women cell?? How to contest divorce case , if the both spouses are staying in different sta…

Read More

i want divorce from my wifebut she don't want to give and she filled case under section 9 and i already filed divorce petetion(BECAUSE her behavio…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue