×

Procedure to file for contested divorce due to cruelty by husband.

I am pregnant with twins. My husband fights with me over petty issues especially related to his family and abuses me and my parents every day. He says he is living with me just for his kids and when kids will b born he will give me divorce. I am really tensed what should I do ?? I am a simple Hindu girl with soft hearted parents not financially very strong but my parents made my marriage heaven in a big hotel because they asked them for it and dowry. Please suggest me what should I do..I am tired of his abbusive habit.

Dear if you wish to file divorce on the grounds of cruelty then you should have some evidences , and your marriage should be at least 2 years old. Without solid proofs you can't get the divorce so easily.

Do not worry, getting divorce is not easy task for husband if you are not ready to get divorce, than he will have to file divorce petition under section 13 of hindu marriage Act in which he will have to prove cruelty at your hand which is not easy task for him so do not worry about divorce and live your life peacefully.

Advocate Preeti Joshi

It depend upon toy whether you want divorce or not. If not you can file case against him under domestic violence act and claim maintenance or other expenses.
Yes He has a right to file divorce against you but it is not his right to get divorce it all depends upon the evidence