Procedure to file for contested divorce due to cruelty by husband.

I am pregnant with twins. My husband fights with me over petty issues especially related to his family and abuses me and my parents every day. He says he is living with me just for his kids and when kids will b born he will give me divorce. I am really tensed what should I do ?? I am a simple Hindu girl with soft hearted parents not financially very strong but my parents made my marriage heaven in a big hotel because they asked them for it and dowry. Please suggest me what should I do..I am tired of his abbusive habit.

Answers (3)

Dear if you wish to file divorce on the grounds of cruelty then you should have some evidences , and your marriage should be at least 2 years old. Without solid proofs you can't get the divorce so easily.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Do not worry, getting divorce is not easy task for husband if you are not ready to get divorce, than he will have to file divorce petition under section 13 of hindu marriage Act in which he will have to prove cruelty at your hand which is not easy task for him so do not worry about divorce and live your life peacefully.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Preeti Joshi
District Court, Gurgaon
11 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
22 years Experience

It depend upon toy whether you want divorce or not. If not you can file case against him under domestic violence act and claim maintenance or other expenses.
Yes He has a right to file divorce against you but it is not his right to get divorce it all depends upon the evidence

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Legal Services

Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

I got married on 1st March 2017 in India. My sister in law used to treat me badly before marriage, recording my phone conversations and presenting fac…

Read More

My husband cheated on me several times , registering on matrimony profile and contacting girls as if he is not married. When i found out his wrong doi…

Read More

In my contested divorce Case 2 years have gone and opposite party didn't filed ws so per order 8 rule 1 court punished them with heavy cost p…

Read More

Divorce case was filled and we hv said case diposed and contested judjement . now we want Judgement copy in how days does it take to get it…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue