Procedure to file divorce married under christian religion

Married less than 6 months (Sep 2016). No compatibility. Want a divorce. can i file it now ? can the marriage be nullified? i am a christian.

Answers (5)

58 votes

Thank you for your email. The procedure is very lengthy one to write over email. And over phone unable to discuss due to the long time will take for lengthy discussion. Hence kindly meet me in my office accordingly to your convenience.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

59 votes

Dear sir/ Madam,
You can file case for decree of divorce but you have to narrate reasonable grounds for obtaining decree of divorce like, Cruelty, etc and you have to file petition under special law as you are Christian.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
71 votes

No. Atleat you have to wait for one year, and file a suit for divorce then it can be maintainable. Before filing divorce petition may be infructuate you may try after one year as per Hindu marriage Act.

212 votes

hello madam you can approach for the divorce in competent court but atleast you have to wait for period of one year .. if u really having any problem with ur husband quote the relevant reasons for divorce and contact us we ll help u .....

286 votes

You need to wait until sept 2017 to file for the divorce. You need to establish proper grounds for filing the divorce. If the divorce by mutual consent, then it is faster.

Sadanand, Gandhinagar Bangalore

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Can a divorce be reversed by high court if section 9 of the family court act was not exercised by trial Court.…

Read More

What does it mean by "Orders reserved"? & how could we know when they will be announced and how to get the judgement without lawyer…

Read More

My sister is planning to divorce her husband. Who is currently staying and doing business in Dubai. He is earning close to 3 lakh monthly but would be…

Read More

I husband resides in US and I am in India.. will it be possible to apply for divorce. If so what is the procedure.Kindly help me with this…

Read More