Procedure to file case for divorce and child custody

In Divorce Law
Need to file divorce n child custody, extra martial affair, spouse staying separate for last few months ...

Answers (2)

222 votes

Yes you can file for divorce under section 13 of HMA on the ground of adultery. As far as the custody of the child is concerned you can file a petition under section 26 of HMA.
However, it is suggested that you can discuss about divorce and child custody with your wife and reach an amicable solution regarding both these things.
After that you can execute a settlement deed and then file for mutual consent divorce. In this way the process would be quick and you both can move ahead in your lives.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

242 votes

Incomplete Query !!!
Be specific to particular facts.
Case and it's outcome depends on facts of the case,
Who wants Divorce? Husband or wife?
Who has extra marital affair?
What is the age of child?
Gender of Child?
Financial situation of both parties?

For any kind of Law support and legal services at Mumbai Pune Aurangabad, Contact us at
Adv. Gurchal And Associates Law Services, Pune.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles